Tuesday 9 April 2013

Sunflowers and a pretty maiden !

Hello everyone, well I'm still waiting for Spring.....are you ? Here in the UK it is still cold and overcast....Yuck !!!!
I would like to show you a couple of ongoing projects that  I so enjoy doing.........
But that are so very different in style........Take a look..............

This is a watercolour background that I used on a silk napkin and transferred the design with a normal pencil and an embossing tool....now you're asking, whats that all about, well an explanation will be revealed soon !

I love the 'softness' of this piece and the light and airy colour pallette...........
I will do a tutorial on transferring designs onto fabric if I get enough interest !!!!
My second piece is a lovely Maiden, mostly in Needlelace.............
Isnt she lovely...........................................


A couple of close ups to show the technique.......................................



Well have a good week folks and thank you for popping by..........look out for the tutorial coming soon.........................................xxxxxxxxx
P.S. This is my sons band, on the cruise ship 'VENTURA' !!!!!!!!!!

BYEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
xxxxxxxxxx


20 comments:

  1. You clever girl!
    Both projects are of Chris Richard beauty and skill. Your work is always such eye candy.
    Yes, please can we have that tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!! Love to see that tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work! Love to see that tutorial! The woven flowers are also interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to see a transfer tutorial.
    Your maiden is very beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Очень красиво! Супер!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! I would LOVE a tutorial on the transfer technique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes to a tutorial! Please share more about this watercolour - I'd love to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Maide is lovely indeed! Yes, Love to see the tutorial and more of your beautiful work!!! judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful!!!!!Stitches are so perfect and lovely!! YES, would love a tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every time I visit your blog I see something even more beautiful than before!! That watercolour effect is incredible for stitching. I'd love a tutorial on both the transfer and the watercolouring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful embroidery projects. Looking forward to your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As usual Chris, your work is stunning, beautiful and it takes me ages to view each picture as there is so much to look at.

    Cheers,
    Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well Chris I hope you will follow the great demand for the tutorial both projects are stunning. Your Maiden looks like very fine knitting, so beautiful, I don't know how you manage to do such lovely pieces. Nice to see your son and the group, here's wishing them great success. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chris your water colour transfer technique sounds interesting ....such pretty colours on this project .Ive never heard of needle lace but it looks absolutely stunning and will look forward to seeing the finished projects....
    Hopefully spring will arrive soon
    Hugs
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. As has been said, STUNNING work Chris you are very talented in what you do. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  16. The embroidery on a watercolor background looks fantastic. So does the needlelace!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello! You have a very interesting work!
    I was very glad to see your sunflowers! Not met a lot of needlework, embroider in this technique. I have a book with Keith Nicol design. I want to embroider a lot of pictures of her books, including such sunflowers. So far only one embroidered "Pansy". Come for a visit to my blog, if interested to see http://okseny.blogspot.com/2012/04/blog-post_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. The sunflower design is beautiful,I like you love the softness of the colours it looks very elegant.The needlace looks interesting I like how you have padded the petals

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Chris! You have always been one of my favorite artists over at Stitchin Fingers and I never knew you had a blog!! Doh! so happy I found it. You make the most beautiful art and you are so generous to share your techniques. I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just beautiful work & design. Along with all the others, I would love to see a tutorial.

    ReplyDelete